16 Jan Tips For Networking at Events and Conferences
I recently wrote a blog post about networking strategies at my personal blog, you can read the entire post here, here is a summary:
1. Go to a meeting or event with a modest goal of making 2 connections.
2. Plan to have meaningful conversation with a few people.
3. Look for people who are on their own and make an easy ice breaker “Wow traffic sure was crazy tonight”.
4. The MOST IMPORTANT thing about networking is that it is NOT ABOUT YOU. Great net workers are people who listen, and really care about why the other person is there.
5. Database all of your contacts using Outlook or a similar system.
6. Be the person who actually follows up.