27 Sep 10 Eye-Opening Mobile Usage Statistics of Consumers
Throughout the typical day, how often do you have your cell phone within arm’s reach? I’m guessing if the phone isn’t in your pocket then it is sitting right next to you. Keeping your own phone usage behavior in mind, more often consumers are using multiple screens to get what they need. A consumer’s search is no longer limited to the desktop.
The smartphone has become an extension of many of us above all else. As a result, when you need to find something, you are more than likely going to grab your smartphone and initiate the search.
In a recent Google study, they provided insights into just how impactful a mobile-friendly site is when turning visitors into customers. Let’s check out 10 eye-opening statistics:
1. 61% of people said that they’d quickly visit another site if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site
2. 67% of people are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site, so if that site is not yours, it’s your competitors
3. 96% of people say they’ve encountered sites that were clearly not designed for mobile devices even though nearly 75% of people prefer a mobile-friendly site
4. 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to a mobile-friendly site in the future
5. 67% of people say that they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service when they visit a mobile-friendly site
6. 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly
7. 48% of people say they feel frustrated and annoyed when they get to a site that’s not mobile-friendly
8. 36% of people said they felt like they’ve wasted their time by visiting sites that are not mobile-friendly
9. 52% of people said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company
10. 48% of people said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
These statistics clearly illustrate the opportunity for your business to give consumers what your competitors perhaps aren’t. How do you see your business evolving with mobile?
Like this post? Connect with Erika Barbosa on Google+.
Image credit: melbow