Get Your Story Read By Google
Search Engine Optimization Experts have had many questions about stories that are indexed in Google News. A Post on the Google News Blog recently explained the myths and truths of having your story read by Google.
First, here are the Myths:
* Having an image next to your article improves your ranking
* Timing the publication of your article improves your article ranking
* There’s no way to see why my articles weren’t included in Google News
* Publishing a sitemap helps my rankings
* If I put AdSense on my site, my article rankings will improve
And the Truths:
* Redesigning my site may affect my coverage in Google News
* Articles that are just images or video won’t be included
* Updating an article after posting it will create problems with Google News
Tips the article mentions :
*A good image may help get your article stand out but won’t help with ranking
*Google News only visits each URL once. If you make updates, it won’t be reflected in Google News results.
* A sitemap helps Google News find your content, but not rank it