27 Jun Live Blogging CNN sits down with Shawn Gold VP, Marketingfrom MySpace
This morning at ad:tech Miami Alberto Padilla, News Anchor, CNN en Español is sitting with Shawn Gold, Senior VP the Marketing and Content of MySpace.com.
Here are a few of the interesting sound bites:
– Every day MySpace reviews 6,000,000 photos and 600,000 videos for approval before they go on the site
– MySpace reaches over 60% of 15-24 years olds and 35% of 25-34 years olds
– They just launched MySpace Spain with a private concert at a small venue featuring the Smashing Pupmkins. Invitations were available through a viral video on MySpace and YouTube
– One of the major uses of the site is to communicate with family
– We often think of MySpace as the domain of the teen, Shawn pointed out that the site is a huge portal for small businesses, bands, independent film companies and restaurants.