Simple Tip for Monitoring Your Online Reputation
Are you looking for a simple and cost effective way to monitor your online reputation? There are a few quality online reputation management (paid) tools in the market, but if you are looking for a solution that you can implement right now, the answer is – Google Alerts.
You can set up Google Alerts to deliver via email or RSS feed. Nowadays, I receive more emails than I can keep up with, so the RSS feature is perfect.
How do you set up Google Alerts?
1. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts
2. Select the type of alert you want to be notified about
3. Select how often you want to be notified
4. Select the volume for the alerts
5. For the “Deliver To” field, select the email address you would like the alerts sent to OR “Feed” for the RSS option
You must be signed into your Google Account for the RSS integration to automatically occur. The RSS option will then automatically link the Google Alert to your Google Reader account.
Now how simple was that? 🙂