20 Jan Strategies for YouTube and Video Marketing from the Experts
I was invited to moderate a ‘Rock-Star’ YouTube and Video Marketing Panel for the Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce. The panel featured #1 iTunes Podcaster JB Glossinger, former platinum selling rock-star Share Ross and video producer Jennifer Seremetis. Below is a summary of my notes from the experts to see my full notes from the event.
Some of the common themes from the speakers:
- Video offers tremendous opportunity for businesses: YouTube has 1 Billion viewers per month, it is the #2 search engine and #3 website. Only 56% of companies are currently using video for their marketing.
- The most important thing is to get started: According to JB Glossinger “Your first videos will really suck, you will hate seeing yourself on camera” and Share Ross said “Start Where You Are. Don’t look at your view count, it takes time to build a following.”
- Shoot Video SIDEWAYS on iPads and iPhones, this is the correct format for viewing on YouTube and most video players, explained Jennifer Seremetis
- Search engine optimize your videos by creating a YouTube channel, write keyword-rich titles, descriptions and add tags to your videos. Get lots of subscribers, votes, ratings and comments.
- Shoot ‘How-to’ videos, fun product demonstrations video blogs and testimonials.
- Always brand your videos