Yahoo! Tracking You
Yahoo! is using an interesting technique (Web Beacons) to track those who either use their groups or their services. If this was used to benefit you, for instance to make finding sites easier, it would not be an issue. But, it’s actually being done to share with their partner companies – and without your permission. Many find this an invasion of privacy.
If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Yahoo! you can follow these simple steps.
1. Use this site http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy and click the “Cookies” link under the “Special Topics” column.
2. Then Click the “Web Beacons” link under the “Reference Links” Column.
3. On this page, click the “click here to opt out” link at the end of the third paragraph under the “Outside the Yahoo! Network” title.
4. Once the screen loads press the Confirm Opt out Button.
5. Once the next screen loads, watch out that you do not click the “Cancel Opt-out” button, your action will be cancelled and you’ll be right back where you started. Simply close the window and your done.
For more information please go to, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_beacons