10 Golden Rules Internet Marketing Podcast Episode 3 Affiliate Summit Interview with Jeremy Palmer
Episode 3 of the 10 Golden Rules of Internet Marketing Podcast – The Affiliate Summit Miami Edition
Please share Comments and call-ins at 206-888-6606 or email us at podcast (at) 10goldenrules (dot) com
– Live call in from Chris Fauteux on an iPhone.
– Interview held at Affiliate Summit with Jeremy Palmer from Quit Your Day Job and author of High Performance Affiliate Marketing – Learn how Jeremy quit his day job and made over $1 Million last year
– What’s Hot – Web 2.0 Discover the Ten Critical Strategies for Affiliate Marketing, from Ten Golden Rules CEO Jay Berkowitz’s Affiliate Summit presentation.
Key Learning from Affiliate Summit
– Shawn Collins and Missy Ward do a GREAT job, what a fantastic show!
– ‘Acceleration Anxiety’ Ze Frank
– Search vs. Search
– Google Quality Score
– www.Zappos.com has 800K skus
South Beach fun with Tom Arnold, Kerri Pollard, Kevin Joyce from Commission Junction.
Question from April Kandel, Florida State University
– What areas have the biggest growth potential and what types of jobs will be in high demand?
Answer: The future is interactive. The present is search. Start a blog or a website and add some affiliate links or Google AdSense ads. Build a great MySpace page or Facebook site. What is Your Google Quotient? Can I find you if I Google you? Sarah Meyers Twitter note is a good example of someone building their personal brand: ‘My video on Gizmodo has over 12,000 views in the past hour! Digg it please! 04:01 PM June 29, 2007 from web.’
What’s Hot – Web 2.0 – Discover the Ten Critical Strategies for Affiliate Marketing.
1. User Generated Content (Click here to download the slides)
2. iPhone / Mobile Web
3. Open Architecture – Widgets www.Twittervision.com, www.TwitterMap.com, www.SEODigger.com
4. Long Tail eCommerce, Chris Anderson www.Amazon.com
5. Podcasting and Blogging Adam Curry , CC Chapman, Bryan Person, Shel Holtz and Neville Hobson
6. Sites built for Search Success www.Wikipedia.com, www.About.com Google Universal Search, Squidoo
7. List, List, List www.DailyCandy.com , www.LifeScript.com , www.Threadless.com
8. Free Google Tools Optimizer, Analytics,
9. User Defined News
10. Web 3.0 Second Life.com
Ten Golden Rules ‘Live From the Blog’, DJ www.servicewrap.net , Margie Nielsen/NetRatings, Kathryn Ten Tips for getting your blog listed in the search engines, Jeff PALM Graft
Interview with Super Affiliate Jeremy Palmer from www.QuitYourDayJob.com Author of High Performance Affiliate Marketing
1. Start a website or a blog eLance , RentACoder , Guru , www.Blogger.com www.TypePad.com www.WordPress.com
2. Join an affiliate network and add offers and links, www.CJ.com, Linkshare, , www.Performics.com , Leads and CPA programs such as www.Azoogle.com
3. Send Traffic to the site – start with pay per click Google AdWords , Yahoo Search Marketing , MSN Ad Center
4. Analyze What traffic is converting and making money
5. Advanced tips – build a relationship to get inside information and exclusive offers, hot categories include software, catalogs and web only offers.
TGR Top Ten Song of the Week butta verses “Jones in My Bones”
(Adam Curry from Daily Source Code predicted this would be a big summer hit.
Ten Golden Rules Theme Music ‘Rain’ courtesy of DJ Sean Miller and Carey Britt
SilverPop Music Background – Zerobae ‘Summer Pop Radio Shine’
And please send us recorded audio comments, or use our call in line to send audio questions and comments to 206-888-6606 or email podcast (at) 10goldenrules (dot) com