A Facebook Contest Marketing Idea
Are you looking for a way to get a huge influx of new fans to your Facebook Fan Page? A contest (giveaway) is a great way to get the new fans. One of the simplest mistakes marketers make when they decide to run a contest on Facebook is how they go about marketing it to their current fans. I’ve seen plenty of contests that are posted on the wall of a fan page and that’s all they do. Come on Fan Pages, you have to get a little more creative than that.
I’m going to give you an example of a cool way to market your contest (giveaway) on Facebook. My creative juices are flowing this morning so prepare to be wowed!!!
- Create a new event for your contest.
- Choose a Title: make the title what you’re giving away.
- Choose a location: putting your website is perfect.
- Choose a start and end time: base it on how long you want to run the contest.
- Choose a picture.
- Provide the event type.
- Provide a description about the contest.
- Enable the event wall, event photos, videos, and links.
- Invite all of your friends to the event.
- In order to add an entry for the giveaway, your fans will have to share this event on their Facebook page by clicking on the “share” button to the right of this event.
It’s that simple and if you have something interesting to giveaway new fans are going to come out of the circuit board in droves…