Email is Still More Popular Than Social Media

Email is Still More Popular Than Social Media

According to this article on Mashable, although social media usage around the world has grown by leaps and bounds, the majority of internet users still mostly use the internet for email:

Private research firm Ipsos polled 19,216 adults in 24 countries last month and found 85% of them used the Internet for email while 62% used it for social networking.

In the US, there is a higher focus on social media: 61% of internet users focus on that more than email. Still, that leaves 39% of people in the US who use the internet more for email. It’s definitely something to think about when preparing for your next marketing campaign. If your audience is global in nature, you may want to consider focusing more on email, whereas if your audience is mostly in the US, you may want to include a larger social media component.

How do you primarily communicate on the internet: email or social media sites?

Connect with Leah on Google+

No Comments

Post A Comment