Melanie’s Monday Mashup – Holiday Free Stuff
I really wanted to write about Facebook’s privacy changes – the ones that unleashed about 300 of its founder’s private pics – as reported by Wired.com.
However, in an effort to get everyone more in the holiday spirit, I’ve decided to go (almost) Internet marketing free – and instead offer some links to free holiday stuff, including music and ebooks, and a couple of must-haves you just can’t do without this holiday season.
Free Holiday Music
- Sampler Klaus – Seven free songs ranging from a variety of artists, including It Came Upon a Midnight Clear by Frank Sinatra
- Classical Sampler – Five classical free holiday songs, ending with the Hallelujah Chorus by the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- iTunes Holiday Sampler – 20 free tunes from artists like Aretha Franklin, Rascal Flatts, Weezer, Amy Grant, David Archula and more.
- Free Holiday Wi-Fi – Just incase you didn’t already know, Google’s offering free Wi-Fi at over 50 participating airports throughout the U.S. and on Virgin American flights through January 15, 2010.
Free iPhone Apps
- Five Free Phone Apps for Holiday Savings – There are plenty of free iPhone apps, but this list from SmartMoney.com directs you to the ones that help you save money while holiday shopping.
Free Holiday Gift Tags
- Free Printable Gift Tags – Whether the weather outside is frightful or you’re just too pooped from shopping to fight the crowds yet again, these free printable holiday gift tags will save you a trip to the store (and a few bucks) when you run out.
- What Matters Now – If you haven’t read Seth Godin yet, now’s the time. Use your downtime to catch up with his newest book, What Matters Now, chock-full of good info from some of the best minds in Internet marketing.
This Year’s Must-Haves (Not Free, But Worth Every Penny)
- Merry Christmas & Happy New York – Sold out last year, and back by popular demand, this CD from singer/songwriter Jo Davidson features traditional Christmas songs recorded on a vintage 1929 Steinway Grand piano in a NYC loft. If you haven’t heard Jo, get the CD now. She is amazing!
- Connected – The Amazing Power of Our Social Networks – Whether your New Year’s resolution is to quit smoking, lose weight or make more money, on control a epidemic, this startling book can help. It demonstrates just how influential our social networks really are, and offers suggestions on how to leverage them for better results.
EDITOR’S NOTE: DON’T FORGET THE CHANUKAH CLASSIC FROM ADAM SANDLER: