14 Mar Overview of A Few Google AdWords Basics
Last week I provided some details on a new Google webinar series that recently premiered. While watching a video from the Google AdWords Classroom, I jotted down a few highlights from one of the lectures that I would like to share with you. This information is ideal for someone who is just getting started or wanting to brush up on AdWords basics.
What is AdWords Optimization?
Optimization means taking steps to get the results you want by improving the quality and performance of your AdWords account.
The Benefits of a Good Structure
It provides a positive impact on:
• The overall performance of the account
• Makes account management easier and more effective
• Makes tracking and analysis easier and more effective
In the end, a good structure allows you to get more clicks for less money.
Campaigns vs. Ad Groups
You should create separate campaigns when there is a need for different focuses such as:
• Daily budgets
• Adapted to country and language
• Start and end dates
You should create separate ad groups when there is a need for different focuses such as:
• To advertise different products or services
• To set different cost per conversion limits
A Few Key Factors to Keep In Mind:
• Organize campaigns by topic
• Create highly specific ad groups
• Avoid duplicate keywords across ad groups
To learn more about selecting optimal keywords, writing compelling ads, etc., check out the below video:
What did you learn from the video?